July 21, 2020
The New York State Department of Health (DOH) is submitting requests to the Federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to amend the 1915(c) Children’s Waiver (#NY.4125.R05.09) Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) coverage effective September 1, 2020.
The State anticipates the changes will impact members by:
- Increasing access to services by adding additional practitioner qualifications that can deliver Children’s Waiver services
- Decreasing the administrative burden on providers by adjusting the eligibility process for the Children’s Waiver
- Eliminate access to Simian aids in the Adaptive and Assistive Technology service description to mirror ADA compliance
- Payment reductions for designated providers that deliver Children’s Waiver services according to State budget guidelines
- Increasing access to Palliative care services including Massage Therapy and Pain and Symptom Management by adding additional qualified practitioners authorized to deliver the services described in the Children’s Wavier.
Details on these proposed changes can be found in the July 15, 2020 publication of the State’s Public Notice found here: https://www.dos.ny.gov/info/register/2020/071520.pdf.
The draft amendment proposal is available for review at:
Written comments may be submitted by email to BH.Transition@health.ny.gov or by mail to the address below. All comments must be post marked or emailed by August 8, 2020.
For further information please contact:
New York State Department of Health
Office of Health Insurance Programs
99 Washington Ave-One Commerce Plaza
Albany, NY 12210
We look forward to our continued collaboration.