January 17, 2023
Dear Medicaid Update Recipient,
The Office of Health Insurance Programs of the New York State Department of Health has approved the release of the December 2022 Medicaid Update. Please find the new and improved, interactive issue as a PDF (Portable Document Format) file available to be downloaded at: https://www.health.ny.gov/health_care/medicaid/program/update/2022/docs/mu_no14_dec22.pdf. A print-ready version is also available on the Medicaid Update web page.
You may also go straight to an article or topic that pertains to you by selecting from the current issue’s table of contents below.
- Opioid Overdose Prevention (Cover)
- Reminder: Sign Up for eMedNY Training Webinars
- Reminder to Verify Member Eligibility via Medicaid Eligibility Verification System and Dispensing Validation System
- Reminder: Health Home Consent Forms
- Mandatory Compliance Requirements
- NY State of Health Annual Open Enrollment Period to Remain Open for Duration of Public Health Emergency; Expanded Tax Credits and Financial Assistance Continues into 2023
Policy and Billing
- Addition of Incarceration Facility Types for Inmate Inpatient Hospital Claiming
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Mental Health Counselor, and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Service Coverage