- This event has passed.
Overdose Prevention Across the Continuum of Care: Strategies from the Field
March 21, 2022 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Join National Council on March 21, 3:30-5 p.m. ET for the first webinar in our two-part series, Overdose Prevention Across the Continuum of Care: Strategies from the Field. You will learn about a range of evidence-based strategies that have been successfully implemented across the continuum of care to prevent overdose and improve the health of people who use drugs and have substance use disorders, including those with co-occurring serious mental illness. We will discuss implementation strategies at the individual, organizational and systems levels, drawing from real world examples and the latest research.
The COVID-19 pandemic’s impact on care delivery will also be addressed, including the increased use of telehealth and technology-assisted services. You will also walk away with technical assistance resources to assist with planning and implementation efforts.
Following the webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the continuum of risk related to overdose and overdose death.
- Identify a range of evidence-based strategies that can be implemented to prevent overdose in communities.
- Examine the benefits of increased access to mental health services on substance use and overdose deaths.
- Describe the ways providers and organizations can support linkage to care efforts to reduce risk of overdose.
- Identify opportunities to support and partner with community-based organizations and local agencies in their communities to better address overdose risk.
- Access a range of resources to guide planning and implementation efforts.
- Shannon Mace, JD, MPH, Senior Advisor, National Council for Mental Wellbeing
- Flannery Peterson, Director, Practice Improvement, National Council for Mental Wellbeing
- Aaron Williams, MA, Senior Advisor, National Council for Mental Wellbeing