April 21, 2023
The Office of Health Insurance Programs of the New York State Department of Health has approved the release of the March 2023 Medicaid Update. Please find the improved, interactive issue as a PDF (Portable Document Format) file available to be downloaded at: https://www.health.ny.gov/health_care/medicaid/program/update/2023/docs/mu_no6_mar23.pdf. A print-ready version is also available on the Medicaid Update web page.
You may also go straight to an article or topic that pertains to you by selecting from the current issue’s table of contents below.
- New York State to Resume Eligibility Reviews for Medicaid, Child Health Plus and the Essential Plan; Communications Tool Kit Available to Help Educate Consumers on How to Renew Insurance (Cover)
- Attention Providers: Disclosure of Ownership and Control Information
- Postpartum Period for Pregnant Individuals Increased from 60 Days to 12 Months
- Office of the Medicaid Inspector General to Initiate Compliance Program Reviews
- Service Delivery for Managed Long Term Care Enrollees Moving from Adult Homes to Community Residences in Response to O’Toole v. Cuomo
- Medicaid Breast Cancer Surgery Centers
- Attention Pharmacy Providers: Mifepristone (Mifeprex®) Available to Certified Pharmacies
- Diabetes Self-Management Training Pharmacy Billing
- Nusinersen (Spinraza®): Medicaid Practitioner Administered Drugs Update
- Risdiplam (Evrysdi®): Medicaid Practitioner Administered Drugs Update
Policy and Billing
- Update to Medicaid Fee-for-Service Practitioner Administered Drug Policy and Billing Guidance
- Applied Behavior Analysis Services Update