October 17, 2020
The October 16 Webinar hosted by HHS and HRSA pertaining to the HHS Phase 3 allocation of Provider Relief Funds was not particularly enlightening although some of the information provided bears repeating:
Specific to Phase 3:
- Provider Relief Fund Phase 3 eligibility now includes behavioral health providers who only accept commercial insurance and/or cash payments.
- Eligible providers can apply for Phase 3 Provider Relief Funds until November 6 at 11:59 pm.
- Phase 2 PRF awards are still being processed and sent to providers. There is far more lag for Phase 2 awards than was the case for Phase 1 awards. This should not prevent a provider from applying for Phase 3 funds, if eligible.
- Providers with over $5 mil in revenues are strongly encouraged to sign up for ACH payments from HRSA, to expedite payments.
- Eligible Phase 3 operating expenses do NOT include costs incurred on investments or rental property.
- Upon receipt of Phase 3 award, providers will have 90 days to attest.
Specific to Counties:
- When applying for funds, counties that cannot provide an IRS document or that have multiple NPIs can provide a statement as to why they do not have tax forms as requested. In this case, the county can provide most recent financial statement, or internally generated financial statements.
Reporting Information/General Info about Provider Relief Funds:
- A portal will be used to collect required PRF required information. The portal will open on January 15, 2021. The portal will collect required information from any provider that has received over $10,000 in Provider Relief Funds.
- Information regarding how to access this portal will be made available later this year.
- All PRF awards must be reported (following Provider Reporting Requirements) by July 31, 2021.In addition, all funds received must be spent by this date (July 31, 2). 021
As always, your best and most accurate source for information on the PRF application process is HRSA and HHS. For more information use the following links: download instructions, review the FAQ, and read the National Council’s updated “Rules of the Road” infographic to help guide you through the application process.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Please feel free to reach out to us at any time!