September 11, 2022
The OMH Office of Consumer Affairs, in collaboration with the Rehabilitation Services Unit, is developing a PROS Redesign Participant Workgroup to inform the PROS redesign and modernization process. This Participant Workgroup will meet approximately once a month over the next year to discuss critical issues related to how we can change, strengthen, and support the PROS model for years to come. We are looking for current and past PROS participants who are interested in applying to sit on the Workgroup. Applications are due on Friday, September 30th, 2022.
Information on completing and submitting applications
* An electronic application may be completed using Microsoft Forms at the link here: https://forms.office.com/g/yB3XFnAiW6<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com_-3Furl-3Dhttps-253A-252F-252Fforms.office.com-252Fg-252FyB3XFnAiW6-26data-3D05-257C01-257CAmanda.Saake-2540omh.ny.gov-257C6d84549fa0a6459bc30308da91ca5e67-257Cf46cb8ea79004d108ceb80e8c1c81ee7-257C0-257C0-257C637982595598097499-257CUnknown-257CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0-253D-257C3000-257C-257C-257C-26sdata-3Ds5hlDE2-252FuHY7rs-252FOOtasNO4L3k-252BxxeP2VNKV0siImr8-253D-26reserved-3D0&d=DwMFAg&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=RZKMmiODsL8lW1CvoyvccXL03-Qr4iqDejsjr8b_Vqs&m=Faw8WSw62Bq7bufAPlWsJ0cPxLroIAPP-pjSnwN1iNE&s=p11F103PnLyvOSS4Kzci1BCYw3pQBWwcvGi8QVvR4oE&e=>
* A paper copy of the application is attached to this email. Completed applications may be submitted via email to PROS@omh.ny.gov<mailto:PROS@omh.ny.gov>
* or via US mail to: Office of Mental Health, c/o Consumer Affairs, 44 Holland Avenue, Albany, NY 12229.
What should I consider before applying?
* You need to be a current or previous PROS participant to be selected
* Meetings will occur via Webex or Zoom platform
* Attendance at all, or nearly all, workgroups is expected. Please be available to attend at the following dates and times:
* 10/24/22 1:00-2:30pm
* 11/21/22 1:00-2:30pm
* 12/19/22 1:00-2:30pm
* 2/13/23 1:00-2:30pm
* 3/13/23 1:00-2:30pm
* 4/10/23 1:00-2:30pm
* 6/19/23 1:00-2:30pm
* 7/17/23 1:00-2:30pm
* 8/14/23 1:00-2:30pm
How applicants will be selected
OCA is committed to recruiting and selecting a diverse Participant Workgroup that reflects the population engaged in PROS programs today. We are looking at geographic representation to ensure that participants from across the state are able to participate and provide feedback. Only applicants who are or have been enrolled in Personalized Recovery Oriented Services (PROS) programs will be considered. Selected candidates will be notified by email by Monday, October 10th, 2022.
We know that this workgroup will lead to a better PROS redesign. Any questions related to the PROS Redesign Participant Workgroup can be sent to: PROS@omh.ny.gov<mailto:PROS@omh.ny.gov> or Amanda.Saake@omh.ny.gov<mailto:Amanda.Saake@omh.ny.gov>