October 21, 2023
The Office of Health Insurance Programs of the New York State Department of Health has approved the release of the September 2023 Medicaid Update. Please find the improved, interactive issue as a PDF (Portable Document Format) file available to be downloaded at: https://www.health.ny.gov/health_care/medicaid/program/update/2023/docs/mu_no14_sep23.pdf. A print-ready version is also available on the Medicaid Update web page.
You may also go straight to an article or topic that pertains to you by selecting from the current issue’s table of contents below.
- Reminder: Unlicensed Interns, Residents and Foreign Physicians in Training Programs as Prescribers (Cover)
- Identification of Hospice Recipients to Eliminate Duplicative Payment for Services Included Under the Hospice Benefit
Policy and Billing
- Importance of Medical Coding on Practitioner Drug Claims
- New York State Medicaid Coverage of Respiratory Syncytial Virus Monoclonal Antibody (Nirsevimab) for Infants
- Pharmacy Coverage Expanded to Include Over the Counter Naloxone
- Community Health Worker Services for Pregnant and Postpartum People