November 23, 2020
NYS Council Members Only
E/M 2021 Coding Changes Training
December 10, 2020: 7:00 – 8:00 PM
After registering you will receive an email with a link that is unique to your registration. It will allow you to access the Zoom platform on the day and at the time of the event. Check your SPAM folder for the confirmation email.
Prescriber specific training session outline:
- Understand the big picture changes for office/outpatient E&M codes for 2021 vs other E&M codes
- What are the significant differences?
- Impact to RVU calculations based on Medicare (a foundation for measurement)
- Discuss changes in time spent with the patient for each code
- What is in effect now and how these change in 2021 in regard to time factor
- Discuss the new attention toward Medical Decision-Making
- What should your history and exam look like?
- How do you consider level based on the new MDM?
- Which is better to use, time or MDM to assign the code?
- Things to consider for your practice
- What EMR are you using and are they preparing for the changes?
- Template changes to consider
- Q&A – Participants are encouraged to send questions in advance to Lauri Cole or to use the chat function during the event to submit your question
About our Presenter:
Sonda J. Kunzi, CPC COC CPB CRC CPCO CPMA CPPM CPC-I
Coding Advantage, LLC
With more than 30 years of experience in healthcare, Sonda’s expertise includes comprehensive knowledge of ICD10 and CPT coding concepts, documentation and training, compliance and healthcare reimbursement methodology. Her experience comes from working in a variety of positions both as an outside consultant and as a professional within a variety of healthcare settings. She has extensive experience with review and correct application of various healthcare regulations. Sonda holds many nationally recognized certifications in coding, billing, auditing and compliance. Sonda has also served as an instructor for ICD-10 and Advanced Coding at Lakeland Community College in Kirtland, Ohio.