November 23, 2020
NYS Council Members Only
E/M 2021 Coding Changes Training
for Billing, Coding & Reimbursement Staff
November 30, 2020: 2:00 – 4:00 PM
After registering you will receive an email with a link that is unique to your registration. It will allow you to access the Zoom platform on the day and at the time of the event. Check your SPAM folder for the confirmation email.
E&M Training Session Outline:
- Understand the big picture changes for office/outpatient E&M codes for 2021 vs other E&M codes
o What are the significant differences?
o Impact to behavioral health agencies.
- Discuss changes in time spent with the patient for each code
o What is in effect now and how this changes in 2021 in regard to time
- Discuss the new attention toward Medical Decision-Making
o Do you still have to document history and exam?
o How does the new format work for MDM?
o Which is better to use, time or MDM to assign the code?
- Things for your prescribers to consider in their organization
o What EMR template changes may need to be made?
o What significant changes may need to happen based on current documentation methods
- Q&A Participants are encouraged to send questions in advance to Lauri Cole or to use the chat function during the event to submit your question
About our Presenter:
Sonda J. Kunzi, CPC COC CPB CRC CPCO CPMA CPPM CPC-I
Coding Advantage, LLC
With more than 30 years of experience in healthcare, Sonda’s expertise includes comprehensive knowledge of ICD10 and CPT coding concepts, documentation and training, compliance and healthcare reimbursement methodology. Her experience comes from working in a variety of positions both as an outside consultant and as a professional within a variety of healthcare settings. She has extensive experience with review and correct application of various healthcare regulations. Sonda holds many nationally recognized certifications in coding, billing, auditing and compliance. Sonda has also served as an instructor for ICD-10 and Advanced Coding at Lakeland Community College in Kirtland, Ohio.