March 17, 2022
NYS Council members,
Please see the ‘All Providers’ letter (copied below) that went out to OASAS providers on Tuesday via email.
Also see the 3 docs:
1) Two documents that went out with the OASAS ‘All Provider’ communication (linked below),
2) An example of what the letter you should have received from DoH looks like. Note: This example is just for the provider who shared it with me.
We want to make sure all impacted providers received the SDOH notice and that you follow up if you did not receive it. Please be aware of all deadlines.
As always, if I can be of assistance please let me know or you can write to the OASAS Healthcare Finance Mailbox (listed in the letter below).
From: OASAS Executive Office [mailto:ALL-PROVIDERS-L@LISTSERV.OASAS.NY.GOV] On Behalf Of OASAS.sm.Communications
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2022 4:45 PM
Subject: OASAS Rate Enhancements as a Result of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA) – Provider ACTION REQUIRED BY APRIL 1, 2022
OASAS Continues to work on implementation of the attached Medicaid rate enhancements in response to additional Federal funding made possible by the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA).
Please see the two attachments to this distribution:
Attachment One: Provider response required by April 1, 2022.
- The word document titled “Final Enhanced FMAP – Provider Notification with Workforce funding guidance (3/14/ 2022).
- Related to the fee enhancements for workforce funding, instructions related to an OTP process
- If you do not wish to receive the fee enhancements associated with the workforce funding you must “opt-out” by Friday, April 1, 2022.
- Opt-out instructions are provided in the attachment.
- Providers who do not “opt-out” will be subject to various requirements associated with the workforce funding.
Attachment Two: The previously released January 2022 communication to programs discussing that OASAS is working to implement Medicaid fee enhancements in response to additional Federal funding provided by the ARPA (American Rescue Plan Act of 2021).
Please review the attached information and if you have any questions send them to the Healthcare Finance Mailbox.
NYS Office of Addiction Services and Supports (OASAS)