- This event has passed.
HHS Overdose Prevention Strategy Briefing
October 29, 2021 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra today announced the release of the new HHS Overdose Prevention Strategy, designed to increase access to the full range of care and services for individuals who use substances that cause overdose, and their families. This new strategy focuses on the multiple substances involved in overdose and the diverse treatment approaches for substance use disorder.
To further discuss the Overdose Prevention Strategy, the HHS Office of Intergovernmental and External Affairs invites you to join us on Friday, October 29 at 3:30 PM ET for a Stakeholder Briefing.
The Stakeholder Briefing will include remarks from:
- Counselor to the HHS Secretary, Rachel Pryor
- HHS Acting Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation, Dr. Rebecca Haffajee
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Acting Director of the National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Dr. Chris Jones
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Deputy Director of the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), Dr. Wilson Compton
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Administrator, Dr. Miriam Delphin-Rittmon
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Shari Ling
- HHS Director of the Office of Intergovernmental and External Affairs, Marvin Figueroa
Please register for the Stakeholder Briefing at this link: